Piers Fleming's Publications
- Fleming, P., Watson, S. J., Patouris, E., Bartholomew, K. J., & Zizzo, D. J. (2017). Why do people file share unlawfully? A systematic review, meta-analysis and panel study. Computers in Human Behavior. DOI: 10.1016/j.chb.2017.02.014
- Watson, S. J., Zizzo, D. J., & Fleming, P. (2016). Risk, Benefit, and Moderators of the Affect Heuristic in a Widespread Unlawful Activity: Evidence from a Survey of Unlawful File-Sharing Behavior. Risk Analysis. DOI: 10.1111/risa.12689
- Watson, S.J., Zizzo, D.J., and Fleming, P. (2015) Determinants of Unlawful File Sharing: A Scoping Review, PLoS ONE, 10(6) e0127921.DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0127921
- Fleming, P., and Biggart, L. and Beckett, C. (2014). Effects of Professional Experience on Child Maltreatment Risk Assessments: A Comparison of Students and Qualified Social Workers. British Journal of Social Work, 45, 2298-2316 DOI: 10.1093/bjsw/bcu090. Pre-review pdf available here.
- Fleming, P., and Zizzo, D. J. (2014). A Simple Stress Test of Experimenter Demand Effects. Theory and Decision, 78, 219-231. DOI:10.1007/s11238-014-9419-2 (Open Access). Experimental instructions.
- Rosenthal, H.E.S., Somers, N., Fleming, P. and Walsh J. (2014). The contributions of interpersonal attachment and friendship group identification to depressive symptoms in a non-clinical sample. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 44, 409-414. DOI: 10.1111/jasp.12232
- Fleming, P., Townsend, E., van Hilten, J.A., Spence, A., and Ferguson, E. (2012). Expert relevance and the use of context-driven heuristic processes in risk perception. Journal of Risk Research, 15, 857-873. DOI: 10.1080/13669877.2012.666759. Pre-review pdf available here.
- Dodsworth, J., Bailey, S., Schofield, G., Cooper, N., Fleming, P. and Young, J. (2012) Internet technology: an empowering or alienating tool for communication between foster-carers and social workers? British Journal of Social Work, 43, 775-796. DOI: 10.1093/bjsw/bcs007
- Fleming, P. (2012) Social Desirability, Not What it Seems: A Review of the Implications for Self-Reports The International Journal of Educational and Psychological Assessment, 11, 3-22. Online Access
- Zizzo, D. J., and Fleming, P. (2011). Can Experimental Measures of Sensitivity to Social Pressure Predict Public Good Contribution? Economic Letters, 111, 239-242. DOI:10.1016/j.econlet.2011.02.021
- Fleming, P., and Zizzo, D. J. (2011). Social desirability, approval and public good contribution. Personality and Individual Differences, 51, 258-262. DOI:10.1016/j.paid.2010.05.028
- Fleming, P., Ball, L., Ormerod, T., and Collins, A. (2011) Sentence Memorability Reveals the Mental Representations Involved in Processing Spatial Descriptions. Thinking and Reasoning, 17, 30-56. DOI:10.1080/13546783.2010.539870
- Ferguson, E., Spence, A., Townsend, E., Prowse, C., Palmer, J., Fleming, P. and Van Hilten, J.A. (2009). What Type of Information is Trusted by whom? A Multi-Level Analysis of the Stability of the Information Source-Trust Association for Blood Transfusion. Transfusion, 49, 1637-1648. DOI: 10.1111/j.1537-2995.2009.02179.x
- Fleming, P., Townsend, E., Lowe K.C. and Ferguson, E. (2007). Social desirability effects on biotechnology across the dimensions of risk, ethicality and naturalness. Journal of Risk Research, 10, 989-1003. DOI: 10.1080/13669870701486913
- Fleming, P, Ferguson, E., Townsend E. and Lowe, K.C. (2007) Stakeholder perceptions in transfusion medicine: a pilot field study on risk and ethics for blood and blood substitutes. Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes, and Biotechnology, 35, 149-156.
- Fleming, P., Ball, L.J., Ormerod, T.C., and Collins, A. F. (2006) Analogue Versus Propositional Representation in Congenitally Blind Individuals. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, 13, 1049-1055.
- Ainsworth, S.E. & Fleming, P.F. (2006) Teachers as instructional designers: Does involving a classroom teacher in the design of computer-based learning environments improve their effectiveness? Computers in Human Behaviour, 22, 131-148.
- Ferguson, E., Leaviss, J., Townsend E., Fleming, P. and Lowe, K.C. (2005) Perceived safety of donor blood and blood substitutes for transfusion: the role of message framing, patient groups and stress appraisals. Transfusion Medicine, 15, 401-412.
- Ferguson, E., Fleming, P., Townsend, E. and Lowe, K. (2006) Perceived Naturalness and Risk of Blood and Blood Substitutes. In: Peterson, B.R. (Ed.) New Developments in Blood Transfusion Research (pp. 65-76).New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Fleming, P., Ormerod, T., Ball, L. and Collins, A. (2004) Spatial Representation and Processing in the Congenitally Blind. In: Ballesteros, S. and Heller, M. A. (Eds.) Touch, Blindness and Neuroscience. Madrid, Spain: UNED Press.
- Centre for Creativity, Regulation, Enterprise and Technology (CREATe). With the Universities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde St Andrews, Nottingham, East Anglia (UEA) and Goldsmiths, University of London, 2012.
- Digital Inclusion Team: Evaluation of Fosternets in Norfolk County Council and Two comparison Authorities. With Jane Dodsworth, Neil Cooper, Gillian Schofield, Sue Bailey and Julie Young (UEA), 2009.
- The Nuffield Foundation: Do Individual Differences in Social Desirability Bias Imply Sensitivity to Social Pressure and Risk? With Daniel Zizzo (UEA, Economics), 2008.