This study group takes place on Wednesdays at 3pm in S3.05.
- 8th October: Some background from algebraic geometry, definitions. (Vanessa Miemietz).
- 15th October: First properties. (Peter Latham).
- 22th October: G-spaces, I. (Keith Brown).
- 30th October: G-spaces, II. (Francesco Bonesi).
- 5th November: Jordan decomposition. (Robin Cussol).
- 12th November: Recovering a group from its representations I. (Ruari Walker).
- 19th November: Recovering a group from its representations II. (Francesco Bonesi).
- 26th November: Commutative algebraic groups. (Francesco Bonesi).
- 3rd December: Diagonalizable groups and tori. (Shaun Stevens).
- 10th December: Additive functions. (Keith Brown).
- 14th January: Elementary unipotent groups. (Keith Brown).
- 21st January: Derviations and tangent spaces. (Ruari Walker).
- 28th January: Tangent spaces: examples. (Robin Cussol).
- 4th February: Tangent spaces continued. (Robin Cussol).
- Springer, T.A. Linear algebraic groups. Reprint of the 1998 second edition. Modern Birkhäuser Classics. Birkhäuser Boston, Inc., Boston, MA, 2009.
- Borel, A. Linear algebraic groups. Second edition. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 126. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991.